Call for Workshop Proposals
Joint IEEE Conference in Helsinki, August 2015
The Joint IEEE Conference in Helsinki brings together
The Joint IEEE Conference is soliciting proposals for new and recurring workshops. The Joint Conference will hold multiple one or half day workshops in conjunction with the conference to be held in Helsinki, Finland from August 20 to 22, 2015.
We invite you to submit workshop proposals on any topic related to any areas covered by one or several of the co-located conferences. Of particular interest are workshops that address areas that combine elements of at least two of the conferences.
The workshops can adopt any of the following formats:
- Workshops that publish early results in emerging areas.
- Teaching workshops that provide hands on instruction in one of the relevant technologies.
- Workshop focused on training PhD students and helping them to form their own international cooperation and co-authoring networks.
- New and recurring workshops related to one or several of the conferences.
A workshop proposal should contain at least the following information:
- Motivation and rationale of the workshop.
- For teaching workshops, a draft syllabus, otherwise a draft Call for Papers (CFP), as complete as possible.
- Important dates, both internal and external, guidelines are provided underneath.
- Names and Affiliations of the main organizers. If the WS is not a teaching workshop, a tentative compositions of the committees (as complete as possible). Please indicate that TPC members have accepted the invitation. Speculative TPC listings are disfavored in WS selection.
- Workshop format, expected number of presented papers, invited talks, poster sessions, panels, demonstrations, etc.
- Expected number of participants; if not a teaching workshop, expected number of submissions should be predicted.
- Prior history of the workshop, if any: number of submissions, number of accepted papers, number of attendees.
- How you intend to encourage interaction among the participants.
Email the proposals in PDF format to: email@example.com
(for TrustCom2015 workshops); or firstname.lastname@example.org (for BigDataSE2015 workshops); or email@example.com (for ISPA2015 workshops).
Or you can contact any person below to consult:
Xinyi Huang (firstname.lastname@example.org); Igor Kotenko (email@example.com); Matti Hämäläinen (firstname.lastname@example.org); Maria José del Jesus (email@example.com); Jun Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org); Alvin Chin (email@example.com); Hannu-Matti Järvinen (firstname.lastname@example.org); Peng Zhang (email@example.com); Raimo Kantola (firstname.lastname@example.org); Valtteri Niemi (email@example.com); Francisco Herrera (firstname.lastname@example.org); Zheng Yan (email@example.com) and Zhiyong Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Important Workshop dates:
||Before February, 1st, 2015
(the earlier the better)
|Notification of acceptance of proposal
||One week after proposal submission
|Workshop CFP due
||One week after the workshop approval
Download the template of workshop CFP from here
Additional important dates:
|Paper submission deadline
||Before May 10th, 2015
|Paper acceptance notifications
||May 31st, 2015
|Camera ready due
||July 1st, 2015
|Program available on-line
||August 1st, 2015
In order to synchronize with the preparation of the main conference, the dates above must be strictly followed. Please contact Workshop co-chairs of the Conference to which your WS is most related to with any questions.